Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Participates in reviewing and planning tasks involved with functional area assigned and carrying out a series of legal tasks. Supports TVA’s business goals and TVA’s strategic initiatives to achieve those goals.Principal Accountabilities
- Provides legal and factual responses on more complex legal issues.
- Assignments are given in terms of specific objectives. Follows precedent approaches and proceeds independently. Work on non-standardized or more complex problems and approaches is reviewed.
- Assignments are given in terms of specific objectives; work is reviewed upon completion. Guidance is available throughout the assignments. Alternative courses of action are generally discussed with supervisor before implementation or passing on to line organizations.
- May represent TVA in administrative hearings, take depositions, conduct or assist in trial of more complicated litigation.
- Stays abreast of legal developments in assigned areas.
- Performs with knowledge of the background, principles, concepts, & cases applicable to assigned area of law. Work typically involves factual information. Incumbents are still acquiring the tools of their profession and proficiency in their application and are beginning to develop expertise in one or more specialized fields.
- Education – The position requires a law degree.
- Experience - Multiple years experience as a practicing attorney with knowledge and experience in the subject or functional areas assigned.
- Certification/License, etc — An active license to practice law in at least one state or the District of Columbia.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The incumbent must have strong academic credentials, analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Closing Date: 14th October, 2021