UPDATE: For several years Attorney Jobs in USA has worked hard to serve you attorney jobs without any cost. We can no more avoid the growing expenses that go into the gathering attorney jobs. We have made every attempt to avoid the price, but we refuse to compromise on quality. We think you will agree that the quality of Attorney Jobs in USA should not be sacrificed. Also we are taking this step to invest in technology to bring near real-time job fee updates, on-board more employers, and offer each jobseeker a personalized and targeted job feed. We strongly believe that this will make our services better and targeted, and will provide more value to our jobseekers. We are looking forward for your positive response in the time of crisis. Our pricing will apply at the next week ($9.99/Monthly). Please let me know your suggestions and ideas about the price so we can better understand your need and better serve you! Please write back to us at email@example.com.
We are seeking an Attorney for our centralized health unit located in Oakland, CA. This person will be part of a team that provides consumer assistance, legal advice, brief service and extended representation to eligible clients with health care access issues throughout the Bay Area including Sonoma County.
We are interested in candidates who can demonstrate a working knowledge or willingness to learn and commitment to health care related issues, including Medicare, Medi-Cal and managed care. Candidates shall have a demonstrated commitment to public interest law and social justice advocacy and are required to pass a background check for this position.
As a BayLegal Attorney you will have the opportunity to:
- Represent individuals in administrative hearings and plan grievance proceedings at every stage of litigation, including negotiating with plans and providers for coverage of services and/or access to treatment;
- Serve the diverse legal needs of underserved and vulnerable communities in Alameda County and broader Bay Area including formerly incarcerated individuals, the chronically homeless, veterans, disabled individuals and survivors of interpersonal violence;
- Provide workshops and technical assistance to community partners and clients on health access issues and broad range of civil legal needs;
- Develop relationships and engage in collaboration with a range of public and private community partners, including governmental agencies, courts, and community based organizations, to ensure integrative services and address systemic barriers facing BayLegal’s client community;
- Engage in other tasks and projects that further the interest of furthering BayLegal’s mission and operations as a non-profit;
- Make systemic change through impact litigation and policy work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a close knit team as well as independently.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever changing and high pressure environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Bilingual fluency a plus; Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Outreach, training and education experience.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a diverse, family friendly environment, and competitive compensation based on a competitive public interest salary scale (salary scales were recently increased, salary information available upon request) along with a generous benefits package. BayLegal’s benefits package which includes 100% employer covered medical, dental, and life insurance for employees and up to 40-50% for dependents; long term disability insurance; stipends for bilingual employees; student debt repayment program; dependent childcare employer contribution program, and a 401k retirement plan following first year. Generous paid leave policy includes: sick leave; parental leave; 14 holidays each year and vacation (starting at 13 days and increasing with additional years of employment).