Flynt Management Group seeks an Attorney – Business and Legal Affairs, with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team to handle a variety of legal matters for the organization.
Flynt Management Group, is a multi-media entertainment conglomerate engaged in a variety of industries, including Publishing (HUSTLER® Magazine, and numerous other magazines); DVD distribution (HUSTLER Video®, VCA® Pictures, HIS® Video); Broadcasting (HUSTLER TV®, a worldwide PPV and VOD network); internet distribution (HUSTLER.com and 60+ other websites); Retail (34 HUSTLER HOLLYWOOD® retail stores); Casinos (Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino® and Larry Flynt’s Lucky Lady Casino®) in suburban Los Angeles; Product licensing (HUSTLER branded products); and Entertainment Clubs (Larry Flynt’s HUSTLER Clubs® (25 locations worldwide).
HUSTLER®, the most powerful brand in adult entertainment in the world, was founded in 1974 by outspoken and world-renowned First Amendment defender Larry Flynt.
- Provide general business & legal support for various business units; including drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide array of legal related agreements and identifying and assessing legal risk
- Work with outside legal firms on various legal matters, including transactions, contracts, documents, general corporate matters, litigation status, insurance, intellectual property, governance, etc.
- Summarize legal status, negotiating points and communications on legal items for executive management
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on risks, rights and other issues
- Coordinate and communicate with outside counsel and in-house management on litigation matters
- Participate in management of workers’ compensation and other insurance matters
- Oversee contract administration
- Coordinate outside legal firms, including managing their engagements, their bills and their scope of work; manage allocation of legal bills to the different entities
- Draft various business letters and communications on behalf of executive management
- Handle other business and legal affairs matters as needed
- Law degree from an accredited law school and CA State Bar membership required
- Minimum five  years of legal experience
- MUST HAVE Transactional/contracts experience
- MUST HAVE experience in general corporate matters, workers comp/insurance, intellectual property, and other relevant fields
- Strong negotiation, drafting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
- Hands-on experience in contract administration and other legal administration management
- Worked effectively with outside law firms to maximize value to the company
- Initiative to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to establish effective relationships internally and externally
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality is a must
- Quick learner with a problem-solving approach
- Excels under pressure in demanding, fast-paced environment
- Highly self-motivated, well organized with a strong work ethic
- Great multi-tasker, efficient and a knack for being accurate and complete
- Prior experience working in-house in a multi-divisional company a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Adult content environment