Sorry! This position is no longer available!
- Prepares and reviews bench memoranda, legal research, and assistance with opinion drafting.
- Coordinates Judge’s docket and calendaring of cases.
- Utilizes resources to meet the needs of the Judge/area assigned.
- Resolves field related problems through written or verbal correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Evidence of being a 2020 law school graduate who is not receiving any other fellowship or prize monies.
- Evidence of having secured an unfunded federal clerkship.
- Ability to sit for the first available bar exam, be barred, or awaiting bar results prior to the beginning of the position.
- Ability to begin on or about September 1, 2020, and to serve a minimum one-year commitment.
- Experience working in a position requiring organizational skills and project management.
- Experience maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Use ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor and mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology.
Closing Date: 6th August, 2020