Who wants to be a trial lawyer?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced litigation environment?
Are you looking for a place to shine?
As a nationally recognized trial law firm, Bowman and Brooke lawyers are passionate about litigating product liability cases in state and federal courts, defending many of the world’s largest manufacturers nationwide. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the law and procedure, combining it with the art of persuasive advocacy.
We are seeking Associate Attorneys with 2-6 years of civil litigation experience to join our growing South Bay (Torrance), CA office, with a focus on defending consumer warranty matters and large-scale mass torts for the automotive industry. The Associate will work closely and collaboratively with 1st chair trial attorneys, managing counsel, paralegals, firm staff and clients, to provide legal and business strategies tailored to each case and client in a fast-paced litigation environment.The ideal candidate will possess a strong academic background, including
- strong oral and written communication skills,
- a proven track record of high performance and measurable results,
- the ability to take depositions, appear in court, argue motions, prepare for, and attend trial,
- an eagerness to assume elevated responsibility and work within highly functional teams,
- an understanding of legal issues related to a consumer warranty defense practice,
- moot court excellence and/or law review/journal experience,
- an innate curiosity, and
- a State of California license to practice law.
Candidates who have a working knowledge of automobiles and a technical background will be given the greatest consideration. Product liability and trial experience is a plus.You will be rewarded with a competitive total compensation package, as well as:
- a discretionary performance-based bonus program,
- a mentor program to support your career development,
- added benefits unique to this profession (g., affinity bar association membership is encouraged and supported),
- resources, technology and tools to advance skills and learning,
- business development and marketing leadership to support building your practice,
- a nationally recognized diversity and inclusion program to benefit all our attorneys and staff, and
- a conveniently located South Bay office just off the 405 freeway.
We Want You! If your skills match what we're looking for, please apply to this ad.