You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
As an in-house Associate Attorney for The Hartford, you will join our growing Claims Staff Legal office. We pride ourselves on a collaborative team-oriented environment and are dedicated to personal growth. Our legal talent is driven to provide excellent customer service to our insureds! This position is remote with primary coverage within South Florida but will include coverage throughout Florida. Key regions for coverage include: Miami, Broward County and Palm Beach. Our ideal candidate will be part of a unique team responsible for providing top quality representation of The Hartford for litigated matters involving Personal Injury Protection (PIP). A commitment to providing a high level of customer service and the possession of clear communication skills are critical factors for success in this position. Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze legal issues and conduct well-reasoned legal research
- Independently create and present defense strategies on behalf of clients
- Prepare complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies with autonomy
- Partner with our Claims Partners to achieve the best results for our Hartford insured
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients on legal and factual issues
- Communicate with external partners, opposing counsel and clients with professional diplomacy and discretion
- Facilitate prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise.
- Minimum of 2 years of practicing law experience preferably within the insurance defense industry dealing with PIP matters
- Juris Doctorate Degree from accredited law school and a license to practice in the state of Florida is required
- Positive-minded and collaborative team-player attitude
- Strong legal research skills is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Lexis Nexis experience is a plus!
- Self-directed with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.