Are you an experienced privacy and cybersecurity lawyer looking for a change? Want to work with top notch lawyers in the field in a collaborative flexible environment -- including with partners devoted to developing our next generation leaders?
Dechert’s world class, top ranked global Privacy & Cybersecurity practice is seeking an associate with 3-7 years of experience to join our innovative, congenial team. Our partners are some of the earliest pioneers and leading lawyers in the field. Dechert’s practice is ranked among the top few firms in the country and covers all aspects of privacy and cybersecurity, including strategic counseling on product development, governance programs and compliance; deal support in M&A, financings and other commercial transactions; and litigation, incident response and the defense of regulatory actions. We have litigated some of the earliest, landmark privacy cases, handled well over 1,000 data breach investigations, defended hundreds of regulatory enforcement actions brought by U.S. and global regulators, and advised the world’s top companies (including marquee, global public companies and Silicon Valley household names) on the most cutting edge, sensitive matters of strategic importance to them. Our litigation team provides pre-breach counseling and handles all aspects of data breach investigations as well as the defense of government regulatory enforcement actions and class action litigation for clients across a broad spectrum of industries. We have handled hundreds of data breach investigations and cyberattacks brought by threat actors of all types from nation state, organized crime and insiders. Our global team in our worldwide offices represents clients holistically through the entire life cycle of issues under key laws, including Section 5 of the FTC Act, COPPA, VPPA, CAN-SPAM, FERPA, CCPA/CPRA and state consumer privacy laws, state data breach laws, HIPAA; and the EU/UK GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, and cross border data transfer requirements. We also support deal diligence in Mergers and Acquisitions, financings, and commercial transactions.
- Hands on experience advising clients on state and federal privacy laws and conducting deal diligence in Mergers and Acquisition, financings and commercial transactions
- Working familiarity with data driven technologies, including AI/ML and biometrics and related global regulatory frameworks
- Familiarity with GDPR/UK GDPR frameworks and international data transfers preferred
- Familiarity with HIPAA, ECPA, Patriot/Cloud Act, GDPR a plus
- Prior experience with data breach response and defense of enforcement actions brought by state attorneys' general, FTC, OCR/HSS, SEC Cybersecurity unit and the EU regulators a plus
- Large law firm experience strongly preferred