At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The successful candidate for this Associate Principal Counsel position will be an integral part of Disney’s Workers’ Comp team, working on employment matters from the routine to the revolutionary. This position will primarily support Disney’s Parks, Experiences, and Products segment, specifically pertaining to Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort matters. The Associate Principal Counsel will collaborate with the WDW Risk Management team to handle claims from outset to conclusion and help shape Disney’s workers’ compensation philosophy, policies and practices.Responsibilities
- Handling all phases of litigated workers’ compensation claims, including drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, attending mediations, making court appearances and handling trials.
- Providing advice on workers’ compensation claims handled by the Walt Disney World Risk Management Department.
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety, service, and support.
- A minimum of seven (7) years comprehensive experience in handling all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation in Florida; Trial experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Act and corresponding case law, and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively with all levels of management.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the Florida Bar.