About our Catholic Charities Family
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Join our St. Frances Cabrini Center team as the Associate Legal Director. You will manage, develop, and supervises legal service programs within St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance to champion immigrant rights and bring about social justice. Working with the Director and the Vice President, the Associate Legal Director will provide program management and development, including supervision and development of program leaders, case management and substantive legal support. The Associate Legal Director will manage program and financial reporting and provide data management based on CCAGH and funder requirements. The Associate Legal Director will develop Cabrini-wide systems and training. He or she will supervise and provide ongoing training and mentorship to new supervisors, attorneys, non-attorney positions and clerks to develop breadth and depth of supervisory skills and substantive knowledge to ensure high quality legal services. The Associate Legal Director will supervise and/or work with Managing Attorneys, Managers, and Senior Attorneys within Cabrini Center under the direction of the Director and the Vice President.
The successful candidate will have experience as a managing attorney providing strategic planning for immigration legal service programs and managing grant requirements, budgets, and reporting for multidisciplinary teams with substantial immigration caseloads. Also, the successful candidate must have experience developing and training supervisors and program teams.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a Juris Doctor degree from ABA accredited law school
- The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience immigration law and client advocacy on behalf of immigrants
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience managing immigration legal services program and team or equivalent
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience working with grants including data management, compliance implementation, reporting, budget management, preparation of grant applications.
- You have demonstrated legal research and legal writing skills on behalf of immigration clients
- You have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and negotiation skills
- You have demonstrated community outreach and public speaking sills, including ability to work with media
- You have demonstrated expertise in database management, case management software, and team work software
- You have demonstrated ability to motivate staff and exercise leadership skills; non-profit management experience highly desirable
- You have demonstrated multi-cultural skills and sensitivity
- You have the ability to handle and maintain confidential information