Primary Purpose of Position
A management level attorney primarily responsible for all legal services relating to one or more legal practice areas and who supervises a group of attorneys providing related legal services. Responsible for providing Business Units with efficient, high-quality legal services relating to particular legal practice areas within appropriate region. Provides legal services as a practicing counsel.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities (means principal, main, major or most important duties / accountabilities that the employee performs)
- Advises clients with respect to all aspects of legal practice area with particular focus on supporting complex, structured power and gas transactions; provides counsel and guidance to officers and executives of corporation regarding legal issues in particular practice areas
- Represents Exelon in dealing with outside law firms, government representatives and agencies, independent technical experts, court representatives and others in the legal profession as delegated by the Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Constellation
- Effectively manages, monitors and assists in the career development of all attorneys and ensures that appropriate evaluation procedures are conducted major segments of law department and supervises lower level professional and paralegal staff personnel
- Prepare, and revise as necessary, budgets and early matter assessments for all matters involving outside counsel
- Works with entire Exelon legal function to continually improve delivery of legal services for particular practice areas
- Perform significant projects / duties as assigned by the General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel
- An LLB or JD from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdictions
- At least 12 years of professional experience and widely recognized distinction for his/her specialty practice
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of legal field to the completion of complex assignments
- Extensive knowledge of courts, regulatory agencies and other applicable legal entities
- Provides legal services as a practicing counsel, and directly manages relationships and matters with Business Units and outside counsel.
- Able to think strategically and work with Business Units to achieve Company objectives and manage risks
- Experienced in project management and supervision of professionals in lower level management
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.