AccessOne is searching for an experienced legal professional wanting to make a meaningful impact by offering corporate and compliance counsel to an organization that is providing the most compassionate, best in class patient finance solution. You will be a hands-on, trusted advisor enabling business through practical and measured advice focused on compliance, without stifling business. To be successful you will require the right combination of experience, skills and personal qualities to help the business grow, while protecting its reputation and brand, as a first in class services provider that does the right thing.Essential Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain state lending licenses and ancillary requirements
- Coordinate and conduct legal and regulatory research on questions related to consumer lending, licensing, and documentation required for consumer lending activities
- Respond to inquiries from Federal and State regulators, including responding to document request, analysis and legal research, drafting responses, preparing and representing the company before regulators, driving strategy, and negotiating resolution of regulatory matters.
- Formulate policies, procedures, guidelines, and processes that are part of the written Compliance Management System
- Counsel our Product, Engineering, Design, Business Development, and GTM teams throughout the product lifecycle on applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations
- Monitor state and federal regulatory changes and implement/track associated process changes
- Actively seeks operational understanding and implications of initiatives
- You will need to possess the ability to influence and persuade and to influence and constructively challenge Executive Staff.
- Excellent presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions and the ability to work effectively with a diverse level of business personnel
- A humble confidence with an appetite and drive to learn as much as you can. Scrappiness is a virtue.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Be process focused, constantly looking for opportunities to make things simple and easy for others to follow and understand
- Proven track record in leading initiatives and managing small projects
- Must have high regard for ethics and integrity
- Scrappiness and perseverance during times of technical inefficacies
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Willingness to work long hours, when necessary
- Strategic multitasking and master of prioritized time-management skills
- Impeccable organization and ability to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Iron clad discretion, and a high regard for ethics and integrity.
- Must be a curious and an effective problem-solver
- Juris Doctor (JD) Degree
- Admission and good standing in at least one state Bar
- 5-10 years of experience in finance and regulatory law working in financial services regulatory compliance positions for financial services or FinTech companies or similar experience working in a law firm or other legal position.
- Proven experience with ensuring operational compliance with the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act, and other consumer financial laws and regulations
- Ability to write policies, procedures, and reports
- Comfort with ambiguity, change and multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently & with remote teams
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF Products.
- Working familiarity with privacy and cyber security regulations and frameworks
- Experience with Vendor Management Compliance Programs
- Working familiarity with HIPAA regulations as they apply to Business Associates.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.