A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
The NY Life Legal Department seeks a real estate attorney with 7+ years’ experience to support NY Life Real Estate Investors, a team of approximately 150 investment professionals.
Required expertise includes:
- representation of institutional mortgage, construction and mezzanine lenders/borrowers.
- experience in a variety of equity transactions, including acquisition, development, construction and disposition of real estate, joint ventures, leasing and asset management.
- familiarity with intercreditor, co-lender and participation agreements, both in pari passu and senior/subordinate contexts.
- experience relating to private real estate funds, including fund formation, use of REIT structures for foreign investors, securities law (including ’40 Act) and tax issues, and investor onboarding requirements, is a plus.
Exceptional analytical and communication skills, as well as solid organizational and planning skills, are required. Ideal candidates are those that are currently working in, and whose predominate work experience has been with, a law firm’s real estate group. Candidates who currently work or previously worked in a financial institution’s in-house real estate legal department, in addition to having worked at a law firm, will be considered.
- 7+ years’ experience working for a law firm and/or in-house.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely. Attention to detail a must.
- Possesses initiative, dependability, motivation and teamwork.
- JD Degree required.
Admitted to practice in New York required.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.