A dynamic and growing organization that offers the stability of being a 100-year old publicly traded company, Superior Group of Companies is a collection of complementary business divisions that serve one core purpose: helping companies unlock the power in their brands. Ranked #10 on Forbes 2021 List of Best Small-Cap Companies in America, Superior Group of Companies is looking for a diligent, organized, and clear-thinking teammate to join our growing legal department.
The part-time Associate General Counsel position offers an extraordinary opportunity to simultaneously add value and expand your skills set. Advising many levels of the organization (including the C-suite) across a number of different divisions, this position will challenge you to strike a balance between effective risk management and developing creative solutions that support the company’s broader business initiatives. You will be expected to provide guidance across many areas of law and handle varied complex projects.Role and Responsibilities
- Manages, participates in, and resolves legal matters affecting the company and its subsidiaries
- Negotiates, drafts, and interprets commercial agreements
- Researches legal issues
- Interprets and applies U.S. and foreign laws to business operations
- Handles special projects
- Reviews and improves policies and procedures as needed to ensure legal compliance and alignment with industry best practices
- Handles matters involving intellectual property, corporate securities, corporate governance, employment, regulatory/compliance considerations, and other areas of law
- Oversees litigation and related matters, such as internal investigations
- Assists with M&A transactions
- Manages external lawyers appropriately to obtain cost-effective, high-quality legal advice
- May manage in-house attorneys, non-legal professionals, and interns as assigned by the general counsel
- Assists with legal operations implementations
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a licensed practicing attorney, preferably with a mix of in-house and large law firm experience
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admission and membership in good standing to a U.S. state bar with the ability to be Authorized House Counsel in Florida
- Experience collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions, and communicating same at various levels within the organization
- Strong drafting skills
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential matters and information
- Experience leading complex projects
- Experience building relationships and partnering with multiple stakeholders at various organizational levels, including the C-suite
- Able to travel approximately 10% of the time (once more normal business travel resumes)
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills required; able to adapt quickly to various other computer programs/systems
- Accountability – Taking responsibility for their own performance and accepting full ownership of issues, problems and opportunities, regardless of the source.
- Adaptability – Shifting course when external influences affect an initial plan and they are able to alter standard procedures when necessary and juggle multiple demands as required.
- Analytical Thinking – Grasping the underlying concepts in complex information, being able to identify root cause of problems, and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
- Communicating – Providing the information by others in a concise, direct and unambiguous way. They perceive how the message effects the receiver and strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
- Composure and Resiliency – Having the ability to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and to remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. This competency includes the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections and conflicts, and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Negotiating – Identifying key bargaining points for all parties and working effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Planning and Priority Setting – Identifying priorities and developing detailed action plans that include objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages and contingencies.
- Quality Focus – Managing the efficiency, accuracy, completeness and integrity of the work that they produce. Recommending improvements in procedures to continually improve the quality of work produced.
- Time Management – Managing multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important, time-sensitive tasks.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.