Somatus is on a mission to be the world’s best provider of integrated care delivery for patients with or at risk of kidney disease. Our team cares deeply about our mission in service to our partners and patients and each team member demonstrates our core values of Authenticity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Innovation and Tenacity.
As an Associate General Counsel, you will play a key role in the continued growth of the company and support strategic initiatives.Responsibilities
- Serve as a commercial/contracts attorney for all teams, providing support for a variety of agreements including NDAs, day-to-day operational agreements, vendor and services agreements, contractor agreements, etc;
- Provide advice regarding arrangements and transactions with health plans, health systems, and providers, including related regulatory issues such as the Anti-Kickback Statute, and other state and federal health care regulatory requirements;
- Provide advice and counsel in the development of policy and strategy to address a wide range of issues related to health care administration, management and operations;
- Proactively provide legal support and clear, pragmatic advice and support across all levels of management on a broad range of issues, including but not limited to employment matters, corporate governance, intellectual property, and compliance related issues;
- Manage outside legal counsel engaged by the company on matters requiring specialized knowledge or expertise;
- Stay up-to-date and keep functional teams advised on laws and regulations dealing with health care, employment, privacy, etc. in order to better support business operations.
- Must have a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school;
- An active license to practice law in any state;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of law firm or in-house experience;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and good time- and people-management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Ability to balance legal risk with business needs and convey legal advice clearly and effectively to non-legal co
- Broad experience with a variety of legal matters, including health care, corporate, commercial contract negotiation, employment, compliance, privacy, corporate governance, and/or intellectual property;
- Experience with independently drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements; and
- Experience working with physician groups.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.