We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced health care attorney to become a member of our team. The WIN Health attorney will be responsible for supporting our executives on all matters affecting WIN’s business, including drafting and negotiating contracts, and providing advice on laws and regulations, related to health care management services and the company’s relationships with diverse entities such as insurers, employers, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and any other health care partners.
This position will represent WIN in a host of matters, including working with executives on business arrangements and contracts, researching and tracking changes in health care laws and regulations, and addressing health care fraud and insurance reimbursement issues. Must be a strategic thinker capable of working with minimal supervision in a team environment, while exercising good judgment, client counseling and decision-making skills.Essential Functions
- Counsel and advocate on a broad range of complex general healthcare business and legal issues
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements with customers, providers and vendors
- Maintain Company’s healthcare licenses, including new applications and renewals
- Assess and advise the Company on the business and legal landscape in which it operates, including risks and obligations arising from highly complex health care regulations and statutes
- Research, monitor and advise management on applicable state and federal regulatory matters, including Stark, anti-kickback issues, bioethical issues, such as assisted reproduction
- Develops recommendations and solutions for solutions to legal/regulatory hurdles that are strategic, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives
Work with and as appropriate supervise outside counsel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare legal experience.
- Background in health care law – particularly in the areas of managed care and pharmaceuticals –a plus, at either a top law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Knowledge of general corporate law and ability to interact with the CFO, accountants and auditors on applicable business/insurance finance issues
- Demonstrated effective oral and written advocacy skills and negotiation strategies
- Ability to apply analytical skills and critical thinking in addressing complex legal issues.
- Ability and willingness to proactively communicate with stakeholders and other members of the WIN Management team
- Team player that can maintain a positive attitude while working progressively with many individuals on a project
- Excellent problem solving skills; and proficiency in legal research, including Lexis, Westlaw & other research tools, as well as technology used in operations.
A logical and analytical mind, and expertise in the skills of representation and advocacy, are required to practice any type of business law. Health care law also requires a strong knowledge of the specialized rules and regulations that govern the area, and how they apply to business arrangements.