GTL is seeking an Associate General Counsel to join our in-house legal team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the following areas: contract negotiation, commercial transactions, experience with financial services regulatory law, and compliance experience (particularly in the areas of money services businesses). The Associate General Counsel will join the in-house legal team and provide commercial support to the company’s sales and business units with respect to technology, licensing, and financial services, with a critical eye toward risk management and compliance. The position may be based either at our corporate headquarters in Falls Church, VA or open to remote.
If you are looking to work alongside a team of highly energetic, passionate, driven people, at a company that provides advancement opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you.Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and support across all business and operations units, including, but not limited to drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and providing legal counsel regarding financial services, including review and negotiation of financial services contracts.
- Manage legal compliance efforts impacting the industry and the company
- Support business transactions, including due diligence, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnership arrangements.
- Assist with litigation management, and coordinate with outside counsel as well as internal executives, managers and legal staff to define legal case strategy to minimize risk and maximize legal rights.
- Must have a J.D. degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in one or more state bars
- A minimum 8 years of counseling on government contracts-related business and regulatory issues
- Significant transactional experience, as well as experience in financial services and dealing with state regulators
- Hands-on experience, either as outside or inside counsel, to financial services or technology companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes
- Ability to be highly engaged and succeed in a collaborative environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%