About the Job
Hexagon Lavish® is an antiartificial scientific R&D startup based in Atlanta, Georgia that specializes in performance of immediate materials characterization and information retrieval technique development and implementation. The company's introductory product, PIR: Premier Information Retrieval, is informational interpretation software and service that amplifies and maximizes the utility of computer vision and image processing.
Our technology, informational interpretation, rests at the sub-root of information retrieval and is designed to perform an IMMEDIATE detection functionality utilizing a combination of image processing and computer vision. Our product-in-development, PIR: Premier Information Retrieval, exemplifies the aforementioned performance.
Hexagon Lavish® is an antiartificial scientific R&D startup based in Atlanta, Georgia that has a full-time/permanent position for a Challengeable Associate General Counsel to be the startup's "legal warrior".
The Associate General Counsel will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The ideal candidate will be held responsible for all legal affairs and not be at a disadvantage from lacking "category A" credentials. The ideal candidate will also serve as a key member of senior leadership team and inform other members of senior leadership on matters concerning strategic importance to the business, establishing key strategic alliances and risk-opportunity analysis for business transactions.
The Associate General Counsel position requires compliance with SEC rulings and regulations including proxy statements as well as provide legal guidance on publicity disclosures, press releases and other marketing materials associated with the startup. The Associate General Counsel will need to have a "technological hunger" that can only be gratified by Hexagon Lavish®.
- Dispute resolution and litigation efforts and strategy, including management of outside counsel as appropriate
- Development and dissemination of policy and directions on legal aspects of operating activities for the guidance and control of operating divisions
- Representing the division in the negotiation and administration of any and all prime contracts including all changes, modifications, disputes and related reimbursement authorizations
- Provide legal guidance and counsel relative to intellectual property including patents, trademarks and copyright matters
- Develop provisions regarding legal counsel in a wide variety of matters including employment, work environment, safety and health, tax and procurement
- Provide assistance in negotiations as required and review and approve written agreements, contracts or other legal instruments involving the rights and obligations of the division
- Harbor an understanding and experience of regulatory and compliance statutes (i.e., HIPAA, Stark, Anti-Kickback, EMTALA, etc.)
- Oversee compliance and environmental sustainability
- Research and maintain current knowledge of applicable foreign, federal and state data privacy and network security laws and industry standards
- Provide legal advice regarding online privacy rules, including special notice, consent, and opt-out rules for websites, workforce and consumer apps, and email marketing activities
- Advise on appropriate data protection terms for vendors, supplier, customer and employee agreements and provide transactional support in negotiation and drafting company contracts and agreements, as necessary
- Represent the company's data privacy and network security interests by acting as a liaison to industry groups and consumer groups
- Monitor and advise the President & CEO, Chairman and the Board of Directors on governance matters
- Support administration, development and training of ethics and compliance program and policies
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage
- Ability to exercise the highest ethical standards and prudent, risk-based business decision making
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia
- Juris Doctor ("JD") degree from a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- At least three (3) years experience in the practice of law as a licensed attorney, either in a law firm or as in-house counsel in private or government employment
- 7 years of developing a creative footprint in contrast to a "substantiated legal record"
- Harbor the ability to convey complex compliance and legal concepts to a broad audience which includes individuals who are not attorneys / lawyers
- Reputation for being a proactive leader with evidence of having worked as a true business partner with senior leadership teams in program and administration
- Experience in creating and managing external partner relationships
- Ability to collaborate between cross-functional / interdisciplinary teams
- Articulate ecosystem value and strategy to business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Team-oriented toward one common goal in contrast to individual gain
- Sound decision-maker
- Establish effectiveness as a mentor
- Strong analytical skills; experience interpreting strategic plans and changes in how services are delivered into a long-term sustainable operating model
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Expectations of Abilities:
- Fluent in English (and other languages)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to anticipate, manage and respond to legal and business needs as necessary
- Harbor the ability to work well with people and be able to work efficiently and effectively a an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Must demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the Hexagon Lavish® mission, vision and values