The role of the Associate Director, Legal Generalist will be to deliver accurate and timely legal counsel and services to the various commercial departments of Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Trade Relations, and Strategic Pricing and Contracting Operations under the direction of the Associate General Counsel, US Commercial Operations and Market Access.
The attorney in this role is responsible for meeting the legal needs of these departments, including the drafting and negotiation of PBM, payer rebate and discount agreements and customer purchasing agreements, impacting both the specialty/branded and generics business segments; and formulary work.
In this role the attorney will provide counseling on federal and state price reporting, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, and other legal and regulatory issues affecting managed markets agreements and formulary work. It will also be necessary to ensure that the company is in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations impacting the business units. A general understanding of the relationship and differences between generic and branded pharmaceutical value propositions will be helpful to the successful candidate; experience with biologic and biosimilar products will also be useful in the role.
- Delivers timely, competent legal services in support of the commercial departments, such as agreement drafting and legal counseling on related issues.
- Participates in business meetings and trains on issues related to rebate and customer contracting, formulary placement and payer agreements.
- Assists as needed in audits of customer utilization and compliance with rebate agreements.
- Ensures that the company is in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; monitors compliance and makes recommendations regarding changes to policies or operations.
- Participates in the strategic planning process and in the development of department business plans.
- Follows Teva Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Agreement Drafting: Experience in all aspects of drafting commercial contracts, specifically pharmaceutical payer rebate and discount agreements and pharmaceutical purchase agreements.
- Negotiation: Experience in counseling and assisting clients in the negotiation of agreements, including participating in the negotiation process.
- JD Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department with legal experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
Active license to practice in at least one US state with ability to secure limited in-house counsel license from state of New Jersey.