Reports to: Deputy General Counsel – General Operations Seeking attorney possessing 1-2 years of experience in marketing and advertising particularly in the telecommunications industry. Major Responsibilities: The Counsel, Marketing will be responsible for providing legal support for marketing, sales and product groups supporting residential and commercial customers, as well as support for the company’s in-house advertising agency. Job includes review of marketing creative and supporting sales channels to ensure compliance with consumer laws including FTC dotcom disclosures, CAN-SPAM and TCPA regulations. Position also entails drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts related to sales and marketing operations such as sponsorships, marketing, talent, and endorsement agreements.Job Description:
- Additional Responsibilities - General Duties within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- In good standing with a state bar.
- 3-5 years’ experience advising on marketing and advertising issues. Experience in telecommunications, media and technology industries as well as law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work build, mentor, and lead an effective and business-oriented team of attorneys and non-attorneys.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education:Relevant Work Experience
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.