Founded in 2008 as a hospitality management company, Legends has transformed into a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,200 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
The successful candidate will be a part of a small in-house legal team for Legends and its various business lines (hospitality, merchandise, sales and marketing, attractions, project development, and corporate) with a focus on certain IT, intellectual property, marketing, service contracts, legal compliance, litigation, contract drafting and negotiations.
The position’s essential duties shall include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Administer overall legal strategy and governance.
- Proactively provide solutions to key stakeholders/lines of business.
- Draft, negotiate, analyze, summarize, or oversee to completion various types of agreements, including but not limited to merchandise, hospitality, payment processing, sales and marketing, licensing, and IT related, special event and hospitality function agreements, location agreements, miscellaneous marketing and promotional agreements, independent contractor, consulting, and services agreement forms.
- Draft agreement summaries reflecting negotiation tactics and agreement finalization items.
Labor and Employment
- Provide legal advice and assistance regarding compliance with labor and employment issues and compliance with all federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
- Monitor and advise on current laws on use of non-profit groups, volunteer labor, and other independent contractor matters (including but not limited to unique requirements of California).
Administrative and Miscellaneous
- Oversee various litigation tasks including discovery and document gathering.
- Efficiently manage department workflow and day to day tasks or assignments.
- Support senior legal staff members as needed with special projects, discovery, M&A, litigation management, employment, and other legal matters.
- Aid in the management and resolution of disputes, litigation, and regulatory matters on an as needed basis and with outside counsel, as applicable.
- Efficiently research items related to Legends’ operations as needed (e.g. emerging laws, local laws, best practices) and concisely provide internal memos summarizing applicable issues and offer recommendations based on analysis.
- Evaluate the need for and periodically draft and revise Company policies.
Assist with the management of legal team members. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree and admission to state bar (current, or become admitted shortly), at least five years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Preferred experience and background on emerging laws such as GDPR, PCI Compliance, ADA requirements, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently and multitask in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions and demanding deadlines, including knowing when and how to escalate issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate and offer legal counsel to all internal corporate departments and specific venues
- Ability to reinterpret legal issues in a compelling fashion for a business audience and maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Outstanding negotiation and writing skills, with a strong ability to draft and review legal documents, analyze complex issues, and provide practical, business-oriented solutions.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.