NFS Leasing is seeking an attorney to join our legal team as an Associate Counsel responsible for handling Bankruptcy (concerning commercial and personal cases) and General Litigation matters from the filing of an initial lawsuit through judgment (focusing on breach of contract claims).
This Associate Counsel will also manage external counsel connected with NFS Leasing’s interests as a creditor in matters pending in various bankruptcy and state courts around the country. The ideal candidate will have small to medium size Boston law firm experience, a desire to make a move to an in-house position, and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” to thrive in a fast-paced working team environment.
The candidate must possess both the relevant bankruptcy and general litigation experience. This position also offers the candidate exposure to commercial leasing and finance and general corporate matters.
This Associate Counsel will be located at NFS Leasing’s corporate headquarters in Beverly, MA, and will report directly to the Vice President General Counsel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage out-of-state litigation and bankruptcy matters and engaging and managing local counsel as necessary.
- Collaborate with the restructuring and accounting teams with respect to preparing matters for litigation and ultimately filing complaints and managing matters to judgment and ultimately to recovery.
- Supervise local counsel to domesticate Massachusetts judgments in foreign jurisdictions and work to recover assets.
- Provide legal analysis to the various interest holders throughout the Company with respect to Bankruptcy, Litigation, and other areas of the law affecting the Company’s business.
- Assist with corporate and transactional matters throughout the life of a credit facility and possess an interest in learning the business side of the Company’s operations.
- JD from a nationally recognized law school.
- Licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- 4-6 years of bankruptcy and general litigation experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Possess strong organizational skills and manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure in a dynamic, fluid environment with minimal supervision.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Corporate/transactional experience a plus.