Provide full service global employment law advice and support to a leading global prestige beauty company, including, but not limited to: providing counsel to all levels of Human Resources (“HR”) professionals and managers on employment related legal issues; investigating and defending claims and litigation; educating HR professionals to mitigate employment law risks; and advising on the creation of best in class employment related programs and policies.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide counsel to the Company's HR professionals and business managers globally on all aspects of employment related legal issues, including employee relations issues, employee classifications, performance management, restrictive covenants, leaves of absence, compliance issues, discipline, wage and hour and reductions in force.
- Investigate and defend employment related administrative claims.
- Manage all aspects of litigation, including managing outside counsel, case management and case strategy.
- Educate HR professionals to mitigate risk on key HR responsibilities, including employee relations, employee investigations, compliance with employment laws and regulations, and restructuring.
- Advise HR with respect to the creation and operation of best in class programs and policies.
- Develop policies to ensure compliance with various legal and business requirements.
- Provide employment law advice with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including drafting employment agreements.
- Provide counsel on employee-related service agreements with outside vendors.
- Support training for Company employees regarding employment law matters.
- Provide other legal assistance as needed to the General Counsel and the VP & Senior Employment Counsel on employment law and other matters.
- J.D. and a minimum of 8 years experience in the practice of employment law, including significant experience defending administrative claims and litigation and a strong track record of counseling corporate clients required. Corporate in-house experience preferred.
- Admission in good standing to the Bar of the State of New York.
- Strong ability to think strategically to resolve matters effectively and efficiently and to build collaborative relationships with senior management, business leaders and HR.
- Excellent legal and business judgment; a high degree of discretion; and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.