Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We are looking for a talented lawyer to join the Amazon Legal team supporting Project Kuiper. You will be embedded with the Kuiper team and negotiate agreements alongside the Project Kuiper supply chain team. You will also provide advice on software development, intellectual property and a wide variety of other legal issues. The successful candidate will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about technology, enjoys being continually challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This position will be based in Seattle or Redmond. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.Export Control Requirement:
- Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
- 2+ years experience in a top national or international law firm
- Advanced understanding of intellectual property
- Ability to understand complex technical details
- Technical background or proven ability to understand complex technical details
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience a plus
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excited and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills