EVgo is currently seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel as the newest addition to our fast-paced attorney legal team. This will be a key role supporting EVgo's primary mission of building out electric vehicle fast-charging stations, with primary responsibility for drafting and negotiating agreements for charging station projects. This role will also work on various commercial matters and will be expected to work closely advising business departments and executives.Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Develop a deep and expert understanding of the company's products, services, and business model.
- Build strong relationships with company executives, business development team, and other internal clients.
- Contract drafting and negotiation of a high volume of real-estate license and lease agreements.
- Create, review, and negotiate a variety of strategic partnerships, commercial agreements, and consulting and service agreements.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- with commercial disputes and litigation, including responding to claims and coordinating with outside counsel, as needed.
- Prepare, develop, and improve contract forms and templates.
- Assist with other corporate matters, including intellectual property, marketing, consumer/privacy, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
- Stay ahead of applicable laws, regulations, and industry-specific guidance.
- Execute other projects as the need arises as part of an in-house legal team.
- Juris Doctor from a nationally recognized law school; member of CA State Bar in good standing
- 1-3 years of corporate, real estate, or commercial transactions, with a strong background structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex agreements. Law firm and/or in-house experience preferred.
- Specific experience and interest in the automotive, energy, sustainability, technology, or mobility industry sectors is preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills, integrity, and judgment regarding both legal and business issues
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including senior management, business associates, and outside counsel.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently to analyze issues, collect information, and solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to support a wide range of internal clients
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.