- JD degree or equivalent degree.
- Admitted to the bar in the state which the role is located in and are in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g. have registered in-house status).
- 3 years of relevant attorney experience negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including professional services.
- Experience advising on business and legal issues related to professional services.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience advising on data privacy matters and data security requirements for professional services.
- Background in drafting, negotiating, and managing professional services agreements, sales contracts, licenses, alliance agreements and intellectual property agreements.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, reseller and other channel agreements, and professional services.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Provide focused legal expertise in support of Google Cloud’s consulting organization. Review, draft and manage cloud services agreements, and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Advise your business colleagues and other cross functional stakeholders on legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property (IP) and business strategy.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.