Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. is currently recruiting Mid-level Associate Attorneys for our Biotech/Chemical Group!About Us:
Sterne Kessler is an intellectual property specialty firm, located in the heart of Washington D.C., dedicated exclusively to the protection, transfer and enforcement of IP rights for our clients. Our team of attorneys, registered patent agents, students and technical specialists include some of the country's most respected practitioners of intellectual property law.
At Sterne Kessler we have cultivated an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating, with just the right touch of fun and exuberance. And we’re honored that our attorneys and staff have voted us as a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for four years running, and a Washington Business Journal "Best Place to Work" nine times!Position Details and Qualifications:
Join our Biotechnology Group and bring your current scientific expertise to bear on the legal problems and matters of our clients. We are looking for associate attorneys with advanced degrees in Cellular Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, or a related discipline.
Associates will have an opportunity to meet with clients and be part of client teams. Additionally, we offer a robust professional development program that includes one-on-one, group, and external training courses to help you build, maintain and fine tune fundamental knowledge and writing skills needed to be a fully rounded attorney.Qualified applicants will have:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Two to four years of patent prosecution experience
- Advanced degree in a related field
Additionally, the candidate must have obtained a JD degree from an accredited law school and be actively licensed as an attorney in an appropriate U.S. jurisdiction. If not currently licensed in D.C., applicant must be eligible to waive into the D.C. Bar, or be willing and eligible to sit for the D.C. Bar exam.Benefits:
- Sterne Kessler offers very competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, including domestic partner benefits, starting on the first day of employment
- Life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Back-up childcare
- Flexible spending account plan
- Pre-tax transportation
- Balanced hours flexibility
- Fitness center in the building
- Free coffee (and non-caffeinated beverages) at our in firm barista bar
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox is an equal opportunity employer.