Riemer Hess LLC seeks an Associate Attorney with a minimum of 2 years of experience to join our A++ boutique legal team in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Competitive salary, incentive compensation, and attractive benefits will be offered including mentoring and training.
Riemer Hess LLC is a highly specialized, well-established law firm working in the fields of long-term disability, health care, and life insurance claims under ERISA and New York law. We offer concierge, high-end services to guide and protect our clients – most of whom are professionals and executives – through some of the most stressful times of their lives. Our boutique plaintiff’s practice is widely regarded nationwide as a premier industry leader.
We’ve created a purpose-driven and energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and support for each other. For more than 25 years, we’ve taken pride in making a difference in the lives of our disabled clients each and every day.
A career at Riemer Hess is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your legal experience, outgoing personality and passion for helping others as we continue to touch the lives of individuals with disabilities and serious health conditions.. You’ll be working with a diverse team of top legal talent that is constantly pushing the envelope.
Your hard work, creativity and enthusiasm will be celebrated here. To accelerate your knowledge of the specific areas of the law involved in our practice, we provide ongoing mentoring and a formal in-house training program.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for an interesting cross-section of legal issues involving contracts, insurance matters, ERISA, and employment law. Under the guidance of a senior attorney, you will have the opportunity to perform substantive work on all stages of cases, including claims administration/appeals, pre-litigation preparation, and litigation support in district court, state court, and various appellate courts. You also will have the opportunity to interact with clients while providing legal advice, guidance, and setting/managing client expectations.
If you’re someone who is interested in building a long-lasting career at a forward-thinking firm that cares, we’d love to hear from you. For the right person, the opportunities for growth are endless.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of litigation experience. Experience in employment law, social security disability/worker’s comp, personal injury is preferred but not required.
- Experience with persuasive brief writing.
- Experience managing client relations.
- Compassion, patience, and the ability to give clear advice.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and career aspirations.
- Experience managing paralegals and support staff a plus.
- Strong computer skills. We have state-of-the-art systems and a paperless office.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills to support interactions with clients, potential clients, doctor’s offices and insurance companies.
- Familiarity with medical records, medical/psychological terminology and insurance company practices helpful.
We are looking for someone who is: highly proactive in completing assigned work and winning our client’s claims; an effective communicator, with strong written and verbal communications skills; and able to work efficiently under pressure with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Salary: From $80,000, annually
- Career growth and partnership potential.
- A firm culture of purpose, compassion, and success.
- Performance-based Bonus and Incentive Comp Plans.
- Bright, modern new offices with soaring views of Manhattan skyline.
- Paid-time Off
- Medical insurance
- Disability benefits.
- 401k and profit-sharing benefits.
- Commuter check.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Structured training program
- Ongoing mentoring