Purpose of Job:
We are currently seeking an Associate Attorney (Regulatory Change Management) for either our San Antonio, Texas, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Tampa, Florida, or Charlotte, North Carolina USAA locations.
In this position you will be responsible for providing legal counsel to assigned clients within USAA. Analyzes legal issues of a routine and moderately complex nature and communicating legal advice. Engages with business clients to better understand USAA’s strategic and operational objectives. Collaborates with internal partners within business units and the Chief Legal Office.Job Description:
- Provides legal counsel to support business objectives and mitigate regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA;
- Leads routine to moderately complex legal assignments and delivers appropriate solutions.
- Proactively identifies and manages existing and emerging legal and other risks that stem from business activities, in alignment with USAAs legal risk appetite. Ensures risks are optimally measured, supervised and controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with internal stakeholders in both verbal and written forms.
- Monitors and analyzes changes in laws, regulations and industry and advises organizational leadership of such changes as appropriate.
- Supports senior attorneys with legal questions or issues by leveraging general knowledge and conducting research.
- Ensures escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in one state or a territory of the USA OR Must pass the State Bar exam and receive a license to practice law within 10 months of hire date
- Two or more years of current or prior experience with Regulatory Change Management within a large bank or financial services institution.
- Experience analyzing laws and regulations for applicability for a large financial services institution.
- Experience working on projects to meet regulatory expectations/requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to use ServiceNow for Regulatory Change Management.
- The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200.00 - $144,500.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.