Jackson & Campbell, P.C., a mid-sized DC law firm with long-established reputation as a premier DC-MD-VA litigation firm, currently has an opening for a full-time associate-level attorney with 4+ years of civil litigation experience to join our growing Medical Malpractice/Health Law practice group.
Given the Firm’s size, experienced lateral hires will have an opportunity for immediate and substantial client contact and will work directly with the Practice Group Chair representing hospitals, medical centers, and health care professionals in medical and dental liability actions, defending credentialing matters, and managing privacy breaches of all sizes.
Candidates with medical malpractice defense litigation experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Drafting pleadings and motions
- Drafting and responding to written discovery
- Conducting and defending depositions
- Appearing in court and arguing motions
- Preparing for and attending multi-party, complex civil trials
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Juris Doctor (JD) from accredited law school
- Admission to DC bar (required)
- Admission(s) to MD and/or VA preferred with expectation to apply for admission to MD
- 4+ years civil litigation – medical malpractice defense litigation experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, prior experience as a Journal editor preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task a diverse caseload and meet deadlines
- Self-starter who takes ownership of executing tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Jackson & Campbell offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation and sick leave, and an emphasis on work/life balance.
Associate attorneys are eligible to participate in the Firm’s billable-hours bonus program.