We bring peace of mind to Children, Professionals, and Veterans tangled up in Disability Claims. We empower Parents of Young Children and those Living with Special Needs to ensure healthy grieving and ongoing legacy. We strive to build lifelong relationships with our clients. We value employees who bring a combination of Joy, Creativity, Empathy, and Responsibility to our Team.
The Associate supervises case strategy for clients in our Disability and Estate Planning legal departments.
The Associate reports to the Owner of the Firm with recommendations for growth and gets assistance from the Firm Administrator for the smooth growth of the business.
The Associate will be responsible for all aspects of clients’ matters including devising strategies, finalizing and customizing documents, drafting briefs, auditing files on a monthly basis, supervising and delegating work to paralegals and assistants, preparing for and attending hearings. The Associate shall also manage any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Owner.
The Associate Shall Have the Following Credentials/Experience:
- An active member of the Washington and/or Idaho state bar, preferred
- At least 2 years legal experience, preferably with hearings/court experience
- Knows that the best way forward is to not take things personally.
- Values personal development and is always seeking new knowledge to be your best self.
- Loves meeting new people.
- Values vulnerability and accountability so that you can show up as your best self.
- Craves working with a team that likes to hang out socially 1-2 times per month.
- Creatively problem solves, is flexible and has an ability to prioritize.
- Can adhere to a block calendaring system and can support staff with their calendars.
- Has solid computer and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with high standards for quality of work.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Recognized work-life balance
- Paid Holidays
- PTO – up to 120 hours accrued per calendar year. Up to 40 hours can roll to subsequent year. Cannot cash out unused time.
- Medical, Dental Insurance
- After 90 days, per insurance rules
- Professional Liability Insurance
- $500 CLE stipend per calendar year
- Short term disability and life insurance (at x2 annual salary)
- After 90 days, per insurance rules
- WSBA and ISBA – dues paid starting with the January of the calendar year after start date.
- Memberships and event fees for networking activities
- Monthly downtown parking
If You Are Already Loving the Sounds of This, Keep Reading!
If you aren’t already imagining yourself loving this job, then stop reading now. We don’t want anyone who is not going to love working here. But, if you feel inspired, excited or intrigued about anything in this post, keep reading. If most of these apply to you, you’ll thrive as part of our team:
- You want to be challenged, not bored, by the work you’re doing.
- You want to be part of a team that delivers results and creates happy, grateful clients.
- You want to work with people you actually like.
- You want to work with other people who also enjoy what they do every day.
- You want the opportunity to earn regular raises and performance bonuses.
- You like the prospect of eventually buying into or buying out the practice.
- You have hopes, goals, and dreams for yourself and would be inspired by spending time with like-minded people.
- You would like to have monthly coaching meetings focused on your personal goals.
- You can find passion and purpose in helping accomplish a greater mission.
If you are still reading, you’re intrigued and so are we. Because we want to build a team of high-performance winners who welcome a challenge, we invite you to prove yourself.
Ready to apply?
To apply and ensure you make a great first impression, please send an email with "Your next Associate is [insert your name]" in the subject line. Include:
- Cover letter
- Resume, including your work history, most recent first, with all time gaps explained.
- References (they will be contacted)
- Desired salary range
- Answer these questions in the body of your email: "What comes easily to you that doesn’t come easily to other people?” & “What distinguishes you from everyone else who will apply for this position?” & “What’s the most recent self-improvement book/thought leader you read/attended? How have you applied this knowledge to your life?”
We will contact you within 10 days if you qualify for the second round of consideration.