Walters Gilbreath is the premiere family law firm in the state of Texas. With main offices in Houston, Office, and Dallas, we are seeking associate attorneys to spearhead the establishment of an office in San Antonio.
This position offers the opportunity to handle complex cases with a Partner, as well as work cases independently. We are a litigation focused firm that leverages technology in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Applicants should have a desire to litigate and progress towards board certification. At least one year of family law experience, and relevant current employment strongly preferred. Following are expectations associated with the Associate Attorney position:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution
- Licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas, and in good standing
- Demonstrated aptitude toward, and interest in the developing the following skillsets:
- Trial preparation
- Drafting ability
- Conducting bench trials as first or second chair
- Conducting jury trials as first or second chair
- Conducting and defending depositions
- Preparing for and participating in mediations
- Proactively and timely case communications
- Consistent, empathetic client communications
- Ability to conduct casework without over-reliance on support staff
- Ability to manage a docket of between approximately 40 and 60 cases
Compensation: $70,000 - $150,000/year base salary (commensurate with experience), plus additional bonus structure.