Murphy, Rogers, Sloss, Gambel & Tompkins is seeking an attorney with 2-5 years of experience to join its established global practice, with a focus on international and domestic maritime and commercial litigation as well as insurance coverage litigation and workers’ compensation defense.
The position provides genuine opportunities for professional development in a global maritime and commercial practice representing, among others, international marine insurers, ship owners and operators, and other large and small businesses. The firm offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, as well as a collegial, flexible and collaborative working environment that yields substantive experience from the outset.
Candidates must have excellent academic credentials, as well as proven skills in writing, research and litigation support. Experience taking depositions is preferred but not mandatory. Some existing client base is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Onboard and onsite accident investigation
- Researching, drafting, preparing, and arguing motions and briefs
- Formulating legal strategy
- Communicating with clients
- Drafting and managing discovery and document production
- Taking depositions
- Working on all aspects of pretrial preparation, trials and appeals