Nelson & Kennard, a multi-jurisdictional Sacramento based law firm representing the interests of consumer and commercial creditors in California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Massachusetts, has an opening for a full or part-time licensed Associate Attorney with one to five years’ experience. The firm may also consider impressive individuals awaiting bar results. The Firm handles legal matters in the following practice areas: Collection Litigation, Creditors’ Rights including FDCPA and Rosenthal Act Defense, Bankruptcy, Replevin and Commercial Landlord and Tenant.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be expected to have well developed research and writing skills. The position will include handling all aspects of the litigation process, including drafting, review and signing pleadings, correspondence, preparing and opposing motions, responding to discovery, research and appearing in court for law and motion, case managment settlement conferences and trials.
- Experience or desire for court room experience
- Must be a team player
- Negotiation skills with an eye towards dispute resolution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Admission in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Massachusetts, and/or Utah is a plus but is not required
- Must be a California licensed attorney
Compensation: Salary DOE. Health benefits, and 401K options available.