The Associate Attorney position will gain a great deal of courtroom experience by regularly appearing for BG in court. Further, this position is responsible for the review of new claims and pleadings in addition to managing a contested litigation queue. Each associate with gain substantial knowledge of all court procedures, the litigation process; internal controls and client and firm policies and procedures.Essential Duties:
Education and Experience:
- Appear in court for the firm generally a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Review new claims placed with the firm to ensure compliance.
- Review of and signing off on all pleadings printed for filing with the Courts such as Complaints and Motions.
- Drafting of various motions and responses to contested matters
- Argue motions that are contested before the court as well as conduct trials and arbitrations.
- Management of both telephonic and written contact with opposing counsel.
- Prepare and respond to discovery, handle depositions, and or oversee counterclaims in which BG or client are named
Juris Doctorate and admittance to Illinois Bar. (Additional licenses in BG states is valuable)Computer Skills:
The most successful associates have strong computer skills allowing them to work efficiently in programs like Word and Excel.Interpersonal Skills:
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, judges, opposing counsel, and circuit court clerks. Ability to use tact, discretion and courtesy when dealing with court officials, opposing counsel, step up attorneys and in-house attorneys.Accountability:
Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions. Must be able to maintain time lines, meet deadlines, keep accurate records and be detail oriented.