Purpose of this Role:
The Associate Attorney provides exceptional legal representation to financial institutions in a wide variety of creditor rights’ matters focused primarily on residential foreclosure. The Associate Attorney identifies effective, practical, and innovative solutions to emerging challenges in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Full responsibility for all legal matters related to assigned caseload, including but not limited to:
- Work with default servicing and mortgage bank clients to resolve legal issues.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all loan documents, financial information; and correspondence;
- Draft responses to motions and affirmative defenses received from defendants.
- Draft, review and ensure proper filing/mailing of pleadings, notices, motions, and correspondence.
- Attend in person and video court hearings.
- Identify and address both routine and complex legal issues and develop creative solutions.
- Identify causes of action, affirmative defenses, and counterclaims and develop strategy and evidentiary basis to advocate for clients in court.
- Review documents and provide direction and oversight to non-legal staff.
- Lead by example with regard to support of the compliance and ethics programs within the firm.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Value to the Team:
The Associate Attorney will contribute to the legal team by collaborating with team members to share knowledge and expertise, provide guidance and oversight to non-attorney staff to ensure efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, client contractual requirements, court rules and best practices; collectively solving client problems, and ensuring the quality of legal services provided.
Impact to the Organization:
Since its inception, the LOGS legal network has led the creditors' rights industry as thought leaders and innovators with localized legal expertise backed by national operations, compliance, and technology. The Associate Attorney operates as an integral part of a team of lawyers and legal assistants providing high-quality, innovative creditors’ rights legal services to financial institutions throughout the nation of varying sizes and diverse portfolios. This team works closely with both local, regional, and national team members to continuously advance the company’s relationships, reputation, and market share within the industry.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Self-driven with ability to work independently or collaboratively, as needed.
- Excellent and adaptive interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional, responsive, and time-bound client service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and computer savvy.
- Compliance focused.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
Training and Experience:
- Attorney Licensed in one or more of the following states: GA
- 1 to 3 years of practical experience preferred
The following attributes are desirable but not required to apply:
- Multi-state licensure.
- Bankruptcy experience.
- Federal Licensure.
- Experience with real property title to include review of title reports, understanding deed, encumbrance, and other documents recorded in public records, resolution of common title defects, and title claims.
- Knowledge of both judicial and non-judicial foreclosure process.
Conditions of Work:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to remain focused for extended periods.
- Ability to work extra hours to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work on computers for a significant portion of the day.
- Ability to travel domestically, if necessary.