An Insurance Distribution Platform Company’s objectives are clear and intentional: be a great partner and create shareholder value.
Customer-centric. Tech-driven. Entrepreneurial. Innovative and adaptable. These traits define An Insurance Distribution Platform Company and the partners and employees who have taken us from a top-10 global broker to a next-generation fintech financial services company. Our massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). Already one of the fastest growing, most profitable insurance distribution platforms, with the largest set of mapped business and individual risk data, An Insurance Distribution Platform Company is transforming distribution of insurance and financial services.
Established in 2005, An Insurance Distribution Platform Company is one of the insurance industry’s fastest-growing brokers. Since 2013, we have been engaged in a unique approach to mergers and acquisitions that has increased revenue from $38 million to $2.2 billion and expanded our footprint across the US from just three states to 42, as well as seven other countries. If these traits and objectives align with yours, joining An Insurance Distribution Platform Company can unlock limitless possibilities in your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and immediately make an impact on the overall success of the company. If you are interested in collaborating with good people who celebrate entrepreneurialism and work with commonality of purpose, An Insurance Distribution Platform Company is the place for you.
To fuel our growth we have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant General Counsel. The An Insurance Distribution Platform Company Legal Department is comprised of creative, solution-oriented lawyers who are committed to helping our internal clients understand and navigate the legal and regulatory environment that governs An Insurance Distribution Platform Company’s businesses.
This role will primarily focus on supporting our An Insurance Distribution Platform Company Agency Partner® network in four regions (Northeast, South, Midwest, West) across the United States, along with additional home office responsibilities. The position will report to the Senior Vice President and General Counsels of those regions, and will be located remotely in the Western United States, with periodic travel to our offices in Grand Rapids, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support internal locations in all four regions in review and preparation of transactional documents, general legal advice on insurance and business-related transactions, and employment related matters.
- Participate in joint efforts and projects of the An Insurance Distribution Platform Company Legal Department in meeting the legal needs of An Insurance Distribution Platform Company corporate goals and strategies.
- Help manage workflow of high volume contracts and related corporate documents.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Juris Doctorate with five year to seven years of law firm or in-house counsel experience, required
- Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating various type of contracts, required
- Corporate, intellectual property, and general business contract law experience, preferred
- In-house counsel and insurance law, preferred
- California bar and experience, required
- Corporate law
- Insurance law
- Transactional law
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with video communication platforms (Teams, WebEx, Zoom)
- Experience with contract management software
- Superior research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with a broad range of internal and external professional-level and higher personnel
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Remote Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is done remotely in a location selected by an employee and approved by An Insurance Distribution Platform Company.