The Product Assurance Counsel will support our growing product quality, compliance and development team working with the overall Ferguson business, and will be an integral member of cross-functional teams to ensure communication, consistency and compliance in the life-cycle of our products.Core Responsibilities:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues.
- Analyze potential legal risks, safety issues, and regulatory requirements for new products, features, and initiatives, to provide practical risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions.
- Track and analyze existing, proposed, and new federal, state and local legislation related to company’s existing products and new product development.
- Provide advice on consumer product safety testing, labeling, and installation and owner manuals compliance.
- Engage with regulatory agencies, including the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and similar state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with product management, product assurance, sourcing, and other cross-functional teams on external communications, policy development, product development, and product launches.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Manage outside counsel and outside consultants as needed.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school; Admitted to practice and in good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar.
- Minimum 5+ years of post-admission legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house counsel.
- Knowledge of U.S. & Canada government product safety regulations.
- Practical experience with recalls and product investigations, CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) and CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act), as well as working with third party testing labs.
- Compliance background, with experience specifically handling product and compliance related to safety and manufacturing as it relates to regulatory requirements of federal and state agencies.
- Experience counseling product development and working closely with designers, engineers, and product management.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team.
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.