We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced attorney to join the Acushnet Company legal team as Assistant General Counsel. As a senior member of the legal team, the Assistant General Counsel will provide business-minded legal advice to internal clients over a wide range of topics, including privacy and cyber security matters, compliance issues, contracts, litigation management, employment issues, corporate secretarial functions and other matters. While the Assistant General Counsel will have the benefit of advice from the VP and Associate General Counsel, as well as Acushnet Company’s Chief Legal Officer, he or she shall have primary responsibility for various projects with direct interaction with senior Company leaders and oversight of outside counsel, as appropriate.
Location: Fairhaven, MA or Carlsbad, CA; flexible working arrangements to be discussed
- Provide pragmatic, strategic legal advice to minimize risk while enabling the Company’ business goals and initiatives.
- Work cross-departmentally with stakeholders including: Marketing, Compliance, Communications, Finance, Tax, Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Engineering, Data, Analytics, Corporate Development, Human Resources and the Executive Leadership team.
- Prepare, review, negotiate and advise the Company on a broad range of contractual matters, including business operational and structural contracts, real estate transactions, and licensing agreements.
- Have primary responsibility on privacy and cybersecurity matters.
- Advise on employment-related matters.
- Participate in the implementation of the Company’s compliance and risk management programs, including review, preparation and presentation of training materials.
- Develop, manage and coordinate the compliance aspects of various functions, such as marketing and sweepstakes (US and International), including researching and remaining familiar with related regulatory structures.
- Participate in the management of business litigation, credit/collection/bankruptcy matters, product liability claims and related matters.
- Oversee corporate secretarial functions, both in the United States and ex-U.S.
- Participate in potential acquisitions/divestitures, corporate reorganizations, subsidiary formations and other corporate legal organizational and structural matters.
- Supervise, train and mentor other Legal Department personnel.
- Manage outside counsel and outside consultants as needed.
- 8-10 years general corporate legal experience with a significant law firm and/or as general corporate in-house counsel.
- Juris Doctorate; strong academic record; admitted to practice and in good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar.
- Ability to build strong relationships with your teammates and business partners.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional team.
- Compliance, data privacy and employment matters experience is desired, but not required.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent judgement and analytic ability rigor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills