Assists in the articulation and implementation of the career services strategy for the School of Law.Helps provide and distribute authoritative information regarding official Law School career and placement procedures and services;manage career services operations including office systems and managing office technology;and provide information for the generation of data, analyses,and other reports as requested.
Supervises student workers, temporary personnel and volunteers as needed.
Nature and Scope:
Internal contacts include executives, administrators and employees from all divisions and departments with the university community. External contacts include potential employers, federal and local government agencies, consultants and other colleges and universities, visitors and the general public.
- Counsels students and alumni in all phases of career development and employment search strategies.
- Reviews cover letters, resumes and other career-related student and alumni materialsand advises as necessary.
- Assists in development and implementation of programs for students and alumni including job search skillsand practice area seminars.
- Maintains the job/internship tracking, including but not limited to databasemanagement and upkeep.
- Develops and implements on-campus recruiting eventsthroughout the academic year.
- Assists in developing marketing strategies to a wide range of potential employers and strengthen ties to existing employers.
- Develops career development reference materials; expands on-line library, maintains web pages.
- Assists in management and development ofoff-campus recruiting programs including consortium events.
- Assists in all administrative responsibilities including job postings, reciprocity requests, all career and other surveys (NALP, ABA, etc). Participates in university committees as necessary.
- Participates in local, regional and national legal recruitment associations and other professional associations.
- Assists with the management of the day to day business and operational functions ofthe office to include managing the workflow and systems of the office, and securing needed equipment and supplies, and recommending office technology updates as necessary.
- Responds to requests for information from prospective employers, students, alumni,faculty and the public and provides written inquiries and plans.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Career Services, as needed
J.D. and at least 3 years of legal practice experiencerequired. Current barmembership preferred.