UPDATE: For several years Attorney Jobs in USA has worked hard to serve you attorney jobs without any cost. We can no more avoid the growing expenses that go into the gathering attorney jobs. We have made every attempt to avoid the price, but we refuse to compromise on quality. We think you will agree that the quality of Attorney Jobs in USA should not be sacrificed. Also we are taking this step to invest in technology to bring near real-time job fee updates, on-board more employers, and offer each jobseeker a personalized and targeted job feed. We strongly believe that this will make our services better and targeted, and will provide more value to our jobseekers. We are looking forward for your positive response in the time of crisis. Our pricing will apply at the next week ($9.99/Monthly). Please let me know your suggestions and ideas about the price so we can better understand your need and better serve you! Please write back to us at email@example.com.
This position, which is based in Melville, Long Island, is responsible for providing patent advice and support to a leading global prestige beauty company, including patent prosecution, opinions on validity and infringement, designing and delivering client training, negotiating and drafting technology agreements.
- Independently prepare and prosecute US patent applications through all stages to either issuance or abandonment for inventions in chemical formulations and processes and mechanical inventions in simple packaging and components.
- Assist outside counsel handling US and foreign patent prosecution of US-based inventions under the supervision of a VP Patent Counsel.
- Assist in preparing opinions on validity and infringement under the supervision of a VP Patent Counsel.
- Provide training to technologists on IP legal principles as well as various IP-related forms and processes.
- Provide other legal assistance as needed to the SVP & Deputy General Counsel, IP on patent and other matters.
Minimum Education level: JD from top law school
Minimum Years of Experience: 5-7
% Travel Time: 0-5%
Required Language Proficiency: English
Licenses or Certifications: Admission in good standing to at least one State Bar and the USPTO
Additional Job Specifications (e.g., physical demands, working conditions, equipment/machinery, specific skills, etc.):
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry or similar; good practical working knowledge of chemistry
- Understanding of mechanical technology sufficient to prepare and prosecute patent applications on simple packaging and components
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology-related agreements (e.g. joint development, exclusivity, and MSAs, etc.)
- Registered Patent attorney
- Excellent legal and business judgment; a high degree of discretion; and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to form strong relationships with business leaders, including the R&D team
- Ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment
- Cosmetic and/or OTC industry experience preferred
- Global experience at AM Law 200 firm and/or multi-national Fortune 1000 company preferred