Sorry! This position is no longer available!

Assistant Corporation Counsel

Waupaca, WI
Full Time
Job #: 21-Apr-04 Exp.: 1+ Years Salary: $37 - $41 Hourly
Job Summary:
As a function of the Waupaca County Office of Corporation Counsel and Child Support Agency this position will represent the Waupaca County Child Support Agency by managing the agency in legal proceedings to establish paternity and child support obligations, as well as support enforcement and modifications. Also this position will act as the Assistant Corporation Counsel in legal proceedings concerning mental and alcohol commitments, guardianships and protective placements, Child in Need of Protection and Services and Termination of Parental Rights cases, collections, and zoning and general code enforcement civil actions.

This position works under the direct supervision of the Corporation Counsel.

Essential Responsibilities:
  • Exercise independent judgment to carry out and direct the legal aspects of child support related establishment, enforcement and modification duties. Approve and sign all court pleadings in child support matters, engage in case preparation, and litigate child support matters from filing to entry of judgment and post judgment actions where appropriate.
  • Provide legal advice and counsel to the child support staff and maintain familiarity with the laws related to paternity and child support and policies and procedures set by the Wisconsin Bureau of Child Support.
  • Exercise independent judgment to carry out and direct the legal aspects of representing the interests of the public in mental and alcohol commitments, Child in Need of Protection and Services and Termination of Parental Rights, and guardianships and protective placements, and of representing Waupaca County in collections, zoning and general code enforcement civil actions.
  • Provide legal opinions to County Departments and elected officials as directed by the Corporation Counsel. Engage in legal research and writing.

Peripheral Responsibilities:
  • Performs other duties as assigned by the Corporation Counsel.
  • Attend Committee meetings and serve as parliamentarian in the absence of the Corporation Counsel.

  • Education: Juris Doctorate, License to practice law in the State of Wisconsin.
  • Experience: Experience with family law preferred. One year of experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred
  • Special Requirements: All Child Support Agency staff have access to federal tax information and therefore must remain in favorable adjudication status as set forth in the Waupaca County Child Support Agency Background Investigation Policy. Employees will be fingerprinted at the time of hire and every nine years and six months thereafter. Fingerprints will be submitted to the Wisconsin Department of Justice for state and FBI criminal conviction database queries. Unfavorable adjudication will result in termination from employment.

Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
  • Working knowledge of Chapters 19, 48, 49, 51, 54, 55, 59, 66, 111 and 767 of the Wisconsin Statutes and federal regulations that apply to County programs including the ADA, Bankruptcy Code, HIPAA and 42 USC 1983.
  • Considerable ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
  • Ability to work independently, to engage in strategic thinking, to exercise judgment and to demonstrate effective leadership management skills.
  • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
  • Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
  • Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality.

Closing Date: 18th May, 2021

Upload Your Resume
Upload your resume on Attorney Jobs in USA to allow featured employers to find you.

Upload Your Resume

Post A Job Now
If you are an employer, we encourage you to post your job vacancy on our site.

Post A Featured Job


Hey Folks, Any Question or Suggestion?

You can find someone friendly immediately on (315) 316-1215 ( EST 9:00 to 14:00 ) or write us about your concern or suggestion at and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Call: (315) 316-1215