The City of Albuquerque Legal Department is hiring for various Assistant City Attorney positions. The Legal Department’s team of attorneys provides a broad range of legal services to the City, as well as represent the City in legal proceedings before state, federal and administrative bodies. The legal services provided may include, but will not be limited to, legal research, drafting legal opinions, reviewing and drafting policies, ordinances, and executive/administrative instructions, reviewing and negotiating contracts, litigating matters, and providing general advice and counsel on day-to-day operations. Attention to detail and strong writing and interpersonal skills are essential. Preferences include: Five (5)+ years’ experience as licensed attorney; experience with government agencies, government compliance, real estate, contracts, and policy writing.
This is an unclassified at-will position.Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school recognized by the American Bar Association; and
- Must be an active member of the State Bar of New Mexico in good standing, or be able to become licensed in New Mexico within three (3) months from date of hire.
- Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Resume and writing sample submitted with application.