Sorry! This position is no longer available!
The Arizona Attorney General's Office, Child and Family Protection Division/Child Support Services Section is seeking an Assistant Attorney General. This position is responsible for litigation on behalf of and representation for the Division of Child Support Services of the Department of Economic Security. Child Support Services attorney responsibilities include but are not limited to providing advice on child support law, reviewing Division of Child Support Services case files for litigation, conducting stipulation conferences, weekly court appearances, research and writing, working with litigants, court personnel and agency employees and preparing legal pleadings, memoranda and correspondence. Child Support Services attorneys must comply with laws, rules, office policies and procedures applicable to the performance of the job and perform additional tasks as assigned by supervising personnel.
- A valid Arizona Driver’s License is required, along with giving consent to have your driving record run periodically.
- Travel is required for this position.
- Admission to, and good standing with, the Arizona State Bar is required (include on resume the date(s) of admission in Arizona and any other states). Candidate must have an active Arizona State Bar license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge of legal techniques, of the basic concepts of American Jurisprudence, and of the formats used in the preparation of legal documents
- Oral Advocacy
- Effective legal writing
- Legal analysis and reasoning
- Good judgment regarding legal advice/recommendation
- Effective case presentation/trial work
- Displays appropriate courtroom demeanor
- Builds client relationships
- Demonstrates negotiation skills and persuasive abilities
- Utilizes a problem solving approach
- Litigates using innovative techniques
Closing Date: 28th February, 2020