Sorry! This position is no longer available!
This position is responsible for providing administrative and legal support services. The position will be a full-time paid internship during the summer (35 hours / week), and a part-time unpaid internship during the school year (approximately 10 - 12 hours / week). Students are encouraged to seek academic credit for their participation in the internship. The position will begin in May 2021 through May 2022. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Counsel.Primary Duties:
- Conducts legal research and analysis related to benchbooks, court policy and other assigned projects.
- Provides written and oral responses to queries regarding court procedures, policies, and status of court cases.
- Active enrollment in good standing in accredited law degree program.
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of policies, procedures, and functions of the PA Unified Judicial System.
- Additional Requirements/Preferences
- Working knowledge and competence using standard PC software programs, including Microsoft Office, Lexis, and Westlaw required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Accepting applications from first and second year law students.
- Applications must be received by March 31, 2021.
Closing Date: 31st March, 2021