Sorry! This position is no longer available!
This position is responsible for providing effective instruction for assigned courses.Responsibilities and Duties (*Essential Functions)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
- Instructs and guides the class in an efficient and effective manner
- Maintains accurate records of student work and attendance
- Prepares thoroughly for each instructional hour
- Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment
- Grades and returns student work in a timely manner
- Counsels students regarding their grades and progress in the course
- Constructs classroom materials that support the goals of the course
- Designs curriculum and a schedule of instruction
- Uses assessment techniques to improve learning and teaching
- Maintains communication with instructors from other divisions in order to keep courses up-to-date and appropriate
- Remains up-to-date on technology and methods of teaching with technology
- Attends professional development opportunities when possible
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use a wide variety of teaching methods to promote learning
- Ability to exhibit good interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Ability to maintain records accurately and be able to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform normal duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm, and a sincere interest in helping students reach their maximum potential
- Requires a Juris Doctorate OR a Master's degree in a business related field with 30 hours of law school credits.
- Unofficial transcripts must be attached with your online application prior to submission or submitted to Human Resources immediately upon completing the application. If your transcripts are not submitted, your application may not receive full consideration.
- One year teaching experience in the area of Law
- Admission to any state bar
- Experience practicing business law
Closing Date: 15th March, 2021