Facilitate the teaching and learning of business courses and/or business law to students of Lakeland University's Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies at our Sheboygan Center.
General Expectations All Lakeland University staff members are expected to:
- Demonstrate in their words and actions an appreciation for the history of Lakeland University and a commitment to its stated mission;
- Represent unequivocally in their behavior the stated values of the University;
- Be good stewards of the University's resources, including its personnel and the goodwill of its friends, its alumni, and local community;
- Work collaboratively (as opposed to competitively) with their peers to meet objectives and achieve our goals;
- Keep their supervisor appropriately informed;
- Be forthright and honest in their communication with all members of the University community;
- Treat all members in a manner of teamwork and respect;
- Acts in a manner that sets the standard for service in higher education and the core principals of Lakelanders Excelling at Professionalism (LEAP) show respect, communicate and be positive;
- Advise their supervisor with respect to all matters that require their attention, including their own performance.
- Provide instruction in a classroom environment or online as determined by supervisor.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls or emails from students, colleagues, or supervisors.
- Use technology as directed (institutional email address, submission of grades, etc.)
Specialized Know-How & Skills
For Business Law:
- Law degree required.
- Relevant experience in the field of business law.
- Some teaching experience preferred but not required.
For Business Courses
- Master's degree or terminal degree in business administration.
- Significant and relevant work experience in business.
- Teaching experience preferred but not required.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk;
- No or very limited physical effort required;
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lakeland University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.