The Legal Department is a trusted partner of SITA growing global business. We understand our business clients’ needs and deliver actionable, business-oriented solutions. We work closely with the business on exciting, cutting-edge development and expansion projects from strategy definition throughout implementation. We provide advice on a wide array of legal issues, including commercial contracts, IP, data protection, and compliance matters.
As a member of the Legal Department, you will be actively involved in providing support and advice to our internal and external local and international business clients in the context of airport and airline projects as well as day-to-day business. You will be involved in the analysis of a variety of legal issues, in particular commercial matters, government contracts, intellectual property, data rights and usage and privacy ), and will perform and prepare research, reviews of Requests for Proposals issued by customers, and you will review and analyze commercial and government contracts. You will also participate in local and international projects aimed at innovating and simplifying the Legal Department’s work and organization.
- Must be a current 1L or 2L at an ABA accredited law school
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take initiative and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to edit and proof legal documents
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively interact and work with many different departments
- Ability to work independently and have a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments
- Great attention to detail
- Desire to learn and interest in working as an in-house attorney
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent English (written and verbal), Spanish and Portuguese a plus
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Strong motivation to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and willingness to roll up sleeves, learn fast, and take responsibility
- Strong interest in commercial negotiations, intellectual property, data and privacy fields of law
- Command of the MS Office applications; willingness to learn to use new tools
Required Skills And Abilities
- Available 15-25 hours per week for at least one semester (approximately 12 weeks) and ability to present in the office during working hours;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and online research techniques;
- Sound judgment, integrity, professionalism and effective communication skills; and
- An enthusiastic multi-tasker who enjoys handling new issues every day and who can move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Local candidates only.