At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear -- to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a significant presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we are recognized as one of the world's most innovative global law firms. We understand the imperative for innovation, efficiency, and breakthrough performance facing today's leading companies and what it takes to help them succeed. From practice achievements and press accolades to diversity recognition, our global awards and rankings reflect our dedication to both superior client service and the development of our 2,500 professionals.
Our Summer Associate Program serves as a cornerstone not just for the recruitment of outstanding associates, but for the future success of our firm. During the program, summer associates in each of our U.S. offices have the opportunity to work on several projects with different lawyers in a variety of practice areas. Summer Associates also observe and, when possible, assist in trials, hearings, depositions, and negotiations, and participate in client meetings and closings. At Paul Hastings, we aim to provide you with a realistic view of practicing law and from day one, give you the tools to take ownership of your career.
As a summer associate, you can expect:
- Substantive and challenging work assignments, including Pro Bono matters
- Mentoring from partners and associates
- Collaborative work environment
- Writing skills training
- Guidance and detailed feedback on work product
- Opportunities to network at various social events
- Interactive training workshops including M&A and deposition skills
At our firm, we believe that building diverse teams rich in talent, experiences, and creativity is smart business. We seek students who exemplify the hallmarks of successful Paul Hastings associates: innovative, strong communication skills, achievement drive, interpersonal savvy, client service excellence and ability to be collaborative team members.
Paul Hastings is committed to building a diverse team of professionals and fostering an inclusive work environment. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to offer the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award to select 1L students.
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship Award will receive a paid 1L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship. $5,000 awarded upon joining our summer program; $5,000 awarded upon joining the firm as a full-time associate following graduation from law school.
At this time, we welcome applications from all second-year law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm's diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Apply and receive an offer to join the Paul Hastings summer program in one of our U.S. offices
- Are likely to practice after graduation in one of our U.S. offices
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, and August 31