Catholic Legal Services of Miami (CLS) is a non-profit organization that represents low-income immigrants without reference to their race, religion, gender, ethnic group, or other distinguishing characteristics. CLS seeks a bilingual attorney to provide Know Your Rights (KYR) presentations in the South Florida community and represent individuals in removal proceedings before the Miami Immigration Court.
Location: Miami (Downtown) or Broward County
- Provide KYR presentations in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole and English to immigrant populations throughout South Florida;
- Provide follow-up services to individuals who have attended KYR presentations, including legal screenings, legal and other referrals, and pro se assistance;
- Conduct legal screenings to determine eligibility for legal relief; provide advice and counsel to families;
- Participate in meetings, calls and email exchanges with stakeholders, including EOIR;
- Develop relationships with local immigrant groups to best assist those in need;
- Provide legal representation in immigration proceedings before EOIR Immigration Courts; appellate proceedings before the Board of Immigration Appeals; proceedings in family and dependency courts; proceedings before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Manage heavy caseloads dealing with complex immigration issues;
- Comply with reporting to funders and regular data management;
- Provide mentorship and trainings in order to recruit and train pro bono attorneys; and
- Engage in outreach and education in the area of immigrant rights.
- Membership of the Florida Bar or other state Bar (eligible to practice in immigration proceedings) required;
- Experience with immigration and/or immigrant rights;
- Experience working with sensitive populations is a preferred;
- Fully bilingual, including reading and writing, in English and Spanish required; Trilingual applicants who speak Haitian Creole are highly encouraged to apply;
- Excellent research and writing skills, communication skills, organizational skills, self-motivation, and an ability to work collaboratively with others; and
- Adept at interacting with a variety of people and comfortable in a busy, open work environment.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Full benefits provided.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, three references and two writing samples to Jesus Torres at email@example.com.
Please mention that you saw this job on AttorneyJobsinUSA.com