Catholic Legal Services of Miami (CLS) is a non-profit organization that represents low-income immigrants without reference to their race, religion, gender, ethnic group, or other distinguishing characteristics. CLS seeks a bilingual attorney to represent children unaccompanied minors in removal proceedings before the Miami Immigration Court and in local state courts.
Location: Miami (Downtown) or Broward County
- Provide legal representation to unaccompanied minors in immigration proceedings before EOIR Immigration Courts; appellate proceedings before the Board of Immigration Appeals; proceedings in family and dependency courts; proceedings before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), including, among others, applications for asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJS) status, and/or T or U nonimmigrant status; and state court proceedings seeking orders necessary to support SIJ applications;
- Conduct legal screenings of unaccompanied minors to determine eligibility for legal relief;
- Manage heavy caseloads dealing with complex immigration issues;
- Comply with monthly reporting to funders and regular data management;
- Participate in meetings, calls and communications with stakeholders;
- Provide mentorship and trainings in order to recruit and train pro bono attorneys; and
- Engage in outreach and education in the area of immigrant rights.
- Membership of the Florida Bar required;
- Experience with immigration and/or child dependency;
- Experience working with children or youth is a preferred;
- Fully bilingual, including reading and writing, in English and Spanish required;
- Excellent research and writing skills, communication skills, organizational skills, self-motivation, and an ability to work collaboratively with others; and
- Adept at interacting with a variety of people and comfortable in a busy, open work environment.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Full benefits provided.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Kristie-Anne Padron at email@example.com.
Please mention that you saw this job on AttorneyJobsinUSA.com